Men’s 2015 XR Fairway Wood Product Specs
- 1 What loft is a Callaway 9 wood?
- 2 What is a 9 wood equivalent to?
- 3 How far should you hit a 9 fairway wood?
- 4 What is a 9 fairway wood?
- 5 What are the lofts of fairway woods?
- 6 What fairway wood is the easiest to hit?
- 7 What club is 26 degree loft?
- 8 Should I carry a 9 wood?
- 9 What is a Callaway heavenwood equivalent to?
- 10 What loft is a Callaway heavenwood?
- 11 What is the highest lofted fairway wood?
What loft is a Callaway 9 wood?
The loft on a 9 wood is typically between 23 degrees and 26 degrees. By comparison, a standard 3 wood has a loft of between 13 degrees and 16 degrees. In terms of distance, a 9 wood is comparable to a 4 iron or 5 iron for many players.
What is a 9 wood equivalent to?
As a rough rule of thumb, a 5 wood would replace a 2 iron, a 7 wood the 3 or 4 iron, a 9 wood the 5 iron.
How far should you hit a 9 fairway wood?
How Far Should You Hit a 9 Wood. The most accurate distance that is covered by the 9 wood is 131 yards. Even the professionals with the best possible experience in the golf game can throw no more than 120 meters. In ideal conditions, you can hit a 9 wood more than 140 meters, but this is not realistic in most scenarios
What is a 9 fairway wood?
A 9 wood is a fairway wood that is uncommon among professionals or amateurs. The loft of the wood combined with its longer shaft makes it easy for players to get the ball airborne and achieve consistent distance, even out of thick rough.
What are the lofts of fairway woods?
Fairway woods have a higher loft than drivers. A 3 wood has a loft between 15 and 18 degrees, and a 5 wood has a loft between 20 and 22 degrees. The higher the golf club number, the higher the loft. Higher lofted woods (7, 9, 11, and so on) are commonly referred to as utility woods.
What fairway wood is the easiest to hit?
Most Forgiving 3 Wood
- Cleveland Turbo HB Launcher (best fairway wood for all golfers)
- Cobra RadSpeed (super distance and easy to hit for ANYONE)
- Callaway Epic Max (large club head with shallow face for confident looks)
- Taylormade SIM 2 MAX (best for mid to high handicappers)
What club is 26 degree loft?
4 iron = 26 (180-210 yards) 5 iron = 28 degrees (160 to 190 yards) 6 iron = 31 degrees (140 to 180 yards) 7 iron = 34 degrees (130 to 170 yards)
Should I carry a 9 wood?
A 9 wood is ideal for golfers who have a sweeping swing, and is a very good choice if you have a shanking problem with standard irons. One of the vital skills that any golfer must possess is the ability to pick good targets – and then hit shots right at those targets.
What is a Callaway heavenwood equivalent to?
A Heavenwood is a golf hybrid specially designed by Callaway in 2004 like a fairway wood but meant to play similar to an iron. Many amateurs and even some low-handicappers have trouble hitting the lesser numbered and lower lofted irons. It is easy to hook, pull, slice, and not make solid contact.
What loft is a Callaway heavenwood?
A seven wood is usually around 22 degrees of loft, and this is exactly what the Callaway Heavenwood concept was built on. The loft on this club makes it the perfect replacement for a four iron in your golf bag.
What is the highest lofted fairway wood?
Editor’s Picks: 11 high-lofted fairway woods that could change
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 (21 and 24 degrees)
- Callaway Epic Speed (21 degrees)
- Callaway Epic Max (20, 21, 23 and 25 degrees)
- Cobra Radspeed (7 wood)
- Cobra Radspeed Draw (7 wood)
- Wilson Staff D9 fairway wood (21 degrees)