You can extend a surface by selecting an edge, multiple edges, or a face. To extend a surface: Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
How do I extend a part in SolidWorks?
To extend a surface:
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges. For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge.
Where is loft in SolidWorks?
Go to Features, select Lofted Boss/Base and in the Profiles tab select three sketches. The most basic method of controlling the LOFT is affected by where you click when selecting your profiles. When creating this complex geometry, SolidWorks will attempt to line up the loft profiles based on the entities you choose.
How do I extend a surface in Rhino?
- Select a boundary object, type a length, or press Enter to extend without boundary edges.
- Select a curve or an surface edge near the end. The extension will be automatically joined with the original curve.
- Pick the end of the extension or type a length.
What is a loft feature in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.