Mens Epic Speed Fairway Product Specs
- 1 What is the loft of a 3 fairway wood?
- 2 Which loft 3 wood is best?
- 3 What is the difference between a 3 wood and a 3+ wood?
- 4 What is a 3 Plus fairway wood?
- 5 What is the normal loft of a 3 wood?
- 6 Why is a 3 wood so hard to hit?
- 7 Why do I hit my 5 wood farther than my 3 wood?
- 8 Which fairway wood is easiest?
- 9 What is the most forgiving 3 wood?
- 10 Should high handicappers use a 3 wood?
- 11 Do you really need a 3 wood?
- 12 How long should my 3 wood be for my height?
- 13 Does a 3 hybrid replace a 3 wood?
What is the loft of a 3 fairway wood?
Fairway Wood Loft Most golfers will carry a 3 wood and the standard 3 wood loft is 15 degrees. Some manufacturers will have their 3 woods at 14 or 14.5 degrees and some will have them at 15.5 degrees.
Which loft 3 wood is best?
If your swing speed with a 3-wood is over 100 mph, the loft of your 3-wood should be between 13-15 degrees. For swing speeds below 100 mph, 15-17 degrees of loft will provide the best combination of high initial launch with optimal spin, the perfect scenario for maximizing distance.
What is the difference between a 3 wood and a 3+ wood?
The 3-wood is designed to make playing the 1 Iron easy, whereas the 3-hybrid is designed to make hitting the long iron from the fairway easier. Since 3-hybrids have a shorter shaft, it is easier to control and its deeper head increases the stability of the clubface for straight shots.
What is a 3 Plus fairway wood?
The Ping G400 Stretch Fairway wood is a Strong 3-Wood with a loft angle of 13°. It is mainly used by golfers to add an impressive distance to their shots. The club would be a great fit for golfers who have no problem getting the ball off the ground and high up into the air.
What is the normal loft of a 3 wood?
In most cases, the average 3-wood has roughly 15 degrees of loft, a number that positions it nicely between the driver and 5-wood from a yardage gap perspective.
Why is a 3 wood so hard to hit?
Lower center of gravity in a club launches the ball higher and spins the ball more, while higher center of gravity launches the ball lower and spins the ball less. A 3-wood has the deepest face of the fairway woods, hence a higher center of gravity, which again makes it difficult to get the ball in the air.
Why do I hit my 5 wood farther than my 3 wood?
The majority of average golfers hit their 5 wood farther than their 3 wood because the shaft is shorter and there’s more loft. The higher loft will help get the ball in the air and the shorter shaft will improve consistency. The main reason is because the ball was on a tee, which made it a lot easier to hit.
Which fairway wood is easiest?
Most Forgiving 3 Wood
- Cleveland Turbo HB Launcher (best fairway wood for all golfers)
- Cobra RadSpeed (super distance and easy to hit for ANYONE)
- Callaway Epic Max (large club head with shallow face for confident looks)
- Taylormade SIM 2 MAX (best for mid to high handicappers)
What is the most forgiving 3 wood?
Most Forgiving Fairway Woods
- Callaway Epic Max Fairway Wood. Reasons to buy.
- Titleist TSi2 Fairway Wood. Reasons to buy.
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Fairway Wood. Reasons to buy.
- Ping G425 SFT Fairway Wood. Reasons to buy.
- Honma T//World GS Fairway Wood.
- Cobra Radspeed Fairway Wood.
- Wilson D9 Fairway Wood.
- Mizuno ST-Z Fairway Wood.
Should high handicappers use a 3 wood?
High handicappers should use fairway woods because they really are golf improvement clubs. A high handicap golfer will see good distance off of the tee with their three wood because of the low center of gravity, and you will be able to get the ball in the air easier than with a driver.
Do you really need a 3 wood?
There are two main things that the 3 wood is good for. The first is for having something other than a driver to hit off the tee. The second is for the ability to reach a par 5 in two from time to time. A 3 wood can be used both on the tee and off the fairway effectively but a hybrid way be easier to hit from the rough.
How long should my 3 wood be for my height?
Most players are comfortable playing their 3 woods with a length ranging between 42.5 inches and 43 inches. However, some golfers prefer a slightly shorter length of 42 inches for their 3 wood.
Does a 3 hybrid replace a 3 wood?
As the 3-hybrid is a replacement for the 3-iron you can expect to achieve somewhere between 180 and 210 yards with a 3-hybrid. Roll-out distance with a 3-wood is greater than that of a 3-hybrid due to the apex difference between the two clubs.