To create a lofted surface:
- Create a plane for each profile section of the loft. The planes do not need to be parallel.
- Sketch the section profiles on the planes.
- If necessary, create guide curves.
- Click Lofted Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Loft.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click OK.
- 1 How do you make a loft base in SolidWorks?
- 2 How do you cut a loft in SolidWorks?
- 3 Where is loft in SolidWorks?
- 4 What is loft feature in Solidworks?
- 5 Can you loft to a point solidworks?
- 6 What are the minimum profile for the loft feature?
- 7 How do I create a sweep feature in Solidworks?
- 8 What is boundary boss in Solidworks?
How do you make a loft base in SolidWorks?
How to create a Lofted Boss/Base in SolidWorks:
- Sketch your profiles. A minimum of two are required but a higher number of profiles allows you to create more complex shapes.
- Select the Loft Feature, then choose the profiles in order.
- Adjust the Constraints and options as required.
How do you cut a loft in SolidWorks?
- Click Lofted Boss/Base on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Boss/Base, Loft.
- Click Lofted Cut on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Cut, Loft.
- Click Lofted Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert, Surface, Loft.
Where is loft in SolidWorks?
Go to Features, select Lofted Boss/Base and in the Profiles tab select three sketches. The most basic method of controlling the LOFT is affected by where you click when selecting your profiles. When creating this complex geometry, SolidWorks will attempt to line up the loft profiles based on the entities you choose.
What is loft feature in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
Can you loft to a point solidworks?
You can create a loft to a point, even if the point is part of a sketch containing other sketch entities.
What are the minimum profile for the loft feature?
Default (Available with three profiles minimum ). Approximates a parabola scribed between the first and last profiles. The tangency from this parabola drives the loft surface, which results in a more predictable and natural loft surface when matching conditions are not specified.
How do I create a sweep feature in Solidworks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face. Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.
What is boundary boss in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Boundary Boss Base tool is an often overlooked, but very useful tool found on the features toolbar. It’s very similar to the lofted boss base tool and it’s possible to create pretty much the same geometry (with subtle differences) with both.