Most major club makers make ladies drivers with high lofts because women have a slower swing speed. Because of this, a woman should choose a driver with a loft of 12 to 16 degrees (or more). Fact: the typical female recreational golfer swings at an average speed of 64 mph.
- 1 What driver loft do LPGA players use?
- 2 What is the average loft of a women’s driver?
- 3 What is the best driver loft for a beginner?
- 4 What is the best driver for an average woman golfer?
- 5 What is the average LPGA driving distance?
- 6 How do I know what loft driver I need?
- 7 How do I choose a female driver?
- 8 Is 12 degree driver loft too much?
- 9 Does higher loft mean less distance?
- 10 Is 11.5 loft too much?
- 11 How much does 1 degree of loft affect distance?
- 12 What loft driver does Rory use?
- 13 What is the best driver for a woman?
- 14 What is the most popular driver on the LPGA?
What driver loft do LPGA players use?
The average driver clubhead speed on the PGA Tour is 113 MPH and 94 MPH on the LPGA Tour with even faster ball speed (TrackMan) which indicates that they will require less loft, typically a 9.5 degree loft for their driver (especially the longest hitters on tour).
What is the average loft of a women’s driver?
According to PatRyanGolf.com, the average female recreational golfer has a club head speed of 64 mph and should choose a driver with a loft of 12 to 15 degrees. Most major club makers make ladies drivers with high lofts. Older golfers should also consider increasing the loft of their clubs.
What is the best driver loft for a beginner?
For a beginner golfer, the ideal loft on a golf driver should be 10.5 degrees minimum. In fact, for a beginner I’d go as far as an 11, 12, or maybe even 13 degree loft driver.
What is the best driver for an average woman golfer?
Best Golf Drivers For Women
- TaylorMade Ladies Kalea 3 Driver. Specifications.
- Cobra Radspeed XB Women’s Driver. Specifications.
- Yonex Ezone GS Women’s Driver.
- Wilson Staff D9 Women’s Driver.
- TaylorMade SIM2 Max Women’s Driver.
- Mizuno ST200X Women’s Driver.
- Callaway Big Bertha Reva Women’s Driver.
- Ping G Le2 Women’s Driver.
What is the average LPGA driving distance?
The average driving distance for a female golfer on the LPGA tour is about 250 yards. These women can hit their 7 iron close to 160 yards.
How do I know what loft driver I need?
Choose a loft to try based on your assessed club-head speed. If it is between 95 and 104 mph, a 10- or 11-degree loft will be appropriate. If it is between 105 and 115 mph, a loft between 7 and 9 degrees should be considered. Golfers with club-head speeds below 85 mph should use a loft angle between 14 and 20 degrees.
How do I choose a female driver?
Most women golfers with slower swing speeds will suit a lighter, less stiff shaft to achieve the best results e.g. a Ladies (L flex) or a Senior (A flex) for an effortless high ball flight that carries further and encourages a fairway-finding draw shape.
Is 12 degree driver loft too much?
DOES THE 12 DEGREE DRIVER HAVE TOO MUCH LOFT. The 12 Degree loft driver may be considered by some to have too much loft. But they are not likely the right golfers for that type of club. 12 degrees is not unreasonable, considering that the average driver sits at 10.5 degrees in loft.
Does higher loft mean less distance?
In general, the slower the swing or club speed, the higher the loft of the driver to optimize both carry and roll. Most drivers come in degrees of loft from 8.5 to 16. Now, if you could increase the loft to 12.4 degrees, your total distance would increase to 293 yards, an improvement of 15 yards.
Is 11.5 loft too much?
If you have a mid swing speed of 95-104 mph, a driver loft of between 10-11.5° will normally be a good starting point. 2. Downward hitters If you hit down on the ball, you’re likely to have high spin loft, so using less loft will actually reduce your backspin and should help you hit the ball further.
How much does 1 degree of loft affect distance?
The distance difference between clubs is created equally by the increments in club length and loft angle. The calculations here are based on 1/2″ club length difference = 5 yards distance difference and every 4° loft angle difference = 5 yards distance difference.
What loft driver does Rory use?
For 2021, Rory put the new SIM2 Max driver in the bag for a while but he appears to have gone to the normal SIM2 version at the moment. It has 8.25 degrees of loft and a Mitsubishi Ventus Black shaft. He then uses a TaylorMade SIM three-wood and a SIM Max Rescue.
What is the best driver for a woman?
Best Golf Drivers 2021 for Women – Top 8 Choices
- Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver.
- Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver.
- TaylorMade Women’s RBZ Driver.
- Cobra Golf Ladies F-Max Driver.
- TaylorMade SIM MAX Women’s Driver.
- Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver.
- TaylorMade Golf M6 Women’s Driver.
What is the most popular driver on the LPGA?
Apparently, Ping drivers are all the rage among LPGA pros as 10 of them opt for them, with Ping G425 being the most popular.